Update from John Catt

On Monday morning Ariadne discovered me unconscious on the bathroom floor and the emergency services took me down to Leicester A&E. A brain scan showed that blood had been leaking from a vein into my right cranium which controls the left side of my body. This leak may well have predated my fall onto my left side earlier in the year, when I broke my left arm.

The scan was sent through to the Neuro Trauma team at Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham who said they needed to operate urgently if I was to live. I was rushed to Nottingham and on Monday night operated on to remove the blood causing the problems and seal the vein.

I regained consciousness Tuesday morning with all my faculties (as far as I can tell) but having to be careful re. walking and head movements. The surgeons seem pretty confident that I should be back to normal in a month or two.

I was discharged late on the Saturday and hope to resume normal activity over the next month or two.

Very useful living within easy reach of one of the world's best brain treatment units :-) . I'll also be wearing a helmet for gardening and cycling from now on having had holes cut in my skull :-) .

I've also sent a thank you letter to the local press that you can find at http://secsoc.blogspot.com/2024/06/a-message-of-thanks-from-hon-treasurer.html

Comments